One year ago, President Biden signed the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law into effect.
According to the White House, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law represents historic progress, as the largest and most significant investment in:
- Rebuilding our roads and bridges since President Eisenhower’s Interstate Highway System;
- Public transit in American history and an historic investment to make public transportation accessible;
- Passenger rail since Amtrak’s inception, 50 years ago;
- Clean water infrastructure;
- Affordable, high-speed internet;
- Tackling legacy pollution and advancing environmental justice;
- Upgrading the power grid to transmit more clean energy and withstand extreme weather;
- Increasing our infrastructure’s resilience against the impacts of climate change, extreme weather events, and cyber-attacks;
- Replacing dirty diesel buses with clean, electric buses across school bus and transit fleets; and,
- A national network of EV chargers in the United States and largest investment in domestic manufacturing of batteries and the critical minerals that power them.